Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Barton goes to Haiti...


I got a call this morning from B. wishing me a Happy Birthday, he was on an Airport shuttle headed for Haiti.. He promised me when the quake first happened, that he wouldn't go until he had a place to lay his sleeping bag. I tried to talk him into a helmet, but I guess to take less makes it easier. He has no idea what he is going to walk into. He said he would just work and help wherever he is needed, you know do some Gorilla aid. He continues to inspire. I 'm sure we are all already praying for the people in Haiti, but maybe you could remember Barton in your prayers too. Oh yes he is also a contributor for OPRAH now and he will be blogging about the work....Thanks.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Yay Barton, what a guy! I am sure he will be safe, we will keep him in our prayers!

Nancy said...

That is awesome, and inspiring like you said, it's one thing to want to help and another to actually do it. And a Happy Happy Birthday to you, what are you, 35?

Andrew said...

It's great to hear about people doing this! I hope your friend stays safe.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails