Thursday, January 3, 2008

Is the Adoption place in Heaven?


Lately Brooki has become more aware of the meaning of the word "adoption". It is not something that we really talk about, but she is old enough to remember her adoption day, and sealing. We have always told each of our children how happy and blessed we are that Heavenly Father chose to send them into our family! So when we were in the car the other day and Brooklyn asked from out of the blue if "the adoption place was in Heaven?", I was taken back at first, but quickly felt very warm and emotional at the thought, how PERFECT, of course that's where it is. I explained that Heavenly Father decides before we are born and still in Heaven, what family we will be in, and some times when Mommies can't carry any more babies in their belly, they have to go to a helper Mommy first. She was satisfied with that and hasn't asked about it since. Porter on the other hand can't quite wrap his mind around the fact that he wasn't in my tummy at some point, he has seen a lot of our friends and family who have had babies in their tummy recently, and always talks about when he was in mine. I figure that when he's old enough it will dawn on him. I am so grateful for God's plan for us, Brooklyn's simple, yet exactly precise observation said it perfectly...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That is such a sweet way of putting it! I haven't seen you in how long? We really need to get together! Someone has a birthday coming up...

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails