"The best thing about this old wallet, was the pictures, I call them precious, the memories I carried inside"... Charlie Joy
Charlene found one of his old wallets and brought it to him today...
Inside the wallet was a picture of his two Daughters, his Son, and his sweetheart Nina.
Inside the wallet was a picture of his two Daughters, his Son, and his sweetheart Nina.
Christmas JOY....
Charlie Joy to be exact, My grandpa Charlie has had a few health problems lately and the last time I saw him before today was in the Hospital, not lookin soo hot, but today he was happy and his old Sassy self. Aside from having an 86 year old body he was doin pretty good today. He asked me how all my girls were doin, and how our only boy was too. When I was telling him that Charlee just turned 17, he got the biggest grin on his face and said; "I remember being 17 , that was a great time , I love that time because I was with your Grandma and we took a picture" he looked around until we found it siting on his dresser, it's the cutest picture of Charlie and Nina. I asked him to tell me a story, and he told me how much I reminded him of my mom Katie, and the first time she flew down from Utah to meet him and my grandma, when she was still just dating my Dad. Grandpa said how much he loved her and how he loved to tease her... He said she was feisty, and he didn't know why, but he knew she loved him. ******* He also told me how much he missed his sweetheart and that at Christmas time they would make Fudge, "love fudge" together, the popcorn balls, sugar cookies, and the Pies. When we couldn't all get together, she would get all of the goodies, including her Tamales for everyone, and ship giant packages of that love and hard work, all around the Country to her kids and Grandkids. Grandpa then told me he wanted me to hurry up and make him some. He started to remind me of the recipe that he and Grandma had taught me years ago , he reminded me that everything had to be EXACT, and to have Loren close by, for stirring. It was a good visit, and he had a big smile on his face when we left.




5 comments:
Aww, I haven't seen Grandpa Joy for months! That's a cute picture of you and him Wendy. I miss him.
That is such a sweet story. I think you need to write a children's book called "Love fudge." I especially like the part about how Loren has to be close by for stirring, sounds like you have a wonderful Grandfather, such a fitting last name!
That is so cute... Thank you for sharing. I love grandpa's:) I'll be your taste tester for any deserts you decide to make!
How cute!
what a cute story. I love it... so did he share the secret recipes? if so you must share!
Post a Comment