Happy New Year! I really am going to be a better blogger, and catch up!
But I thought I would start the year off with a story of something funny that happened today. So I get up every morning around 5:30 am, about the same time that my oldest children are heading out the door to Seminary. Loren and the littles are still sleeping so I use as little light as possible. This morning I was tired and cold, so I chose one of Loren's over sized sweaters, over a long sleeved T-shirt and I grabbed some black leggings with my high heeled black boots over them. It was warm and comfy, and quite 80's chic, which is totally back... I topped the whole outfit off with a long silver necklace, and my little black trench...I know; super cute! I stopped at QT for some gas and hot chocolate. If you don't normally get out this early in the morning,when it's still dark, you might not know that the Quick Trip is a hoppin place, with everyone heading to work, most of which happen to be men; lot's of people like construction workers and Police officers. Anyway As I was gassing up I noticed that I was getting a lot of attention, so naturally I thought to myself that I must have looked extra sassy! The florescent yellow lights really made me shine. This pepped me up immediately, I was more friendly and smiley to everyone inside the store, even the girl with the broom in QT really looked me over good, you know from the Trench coat to the boots, she was probably wishing she could dress in her own cute clothes at her job too. My drive to work was better than usual, I wasn't tired and I felt really cool. I hadn't been at work 5 minutes when, my co-worker and friend Andrea noticed how exceptional I was looking, I agreed and began explaining how I just threw the outfit together for comforts sake, I pushed back from my desk and glanced down, and that's when I realized my HORRIBLE mistake and the cause for all the attention. In the DARK, I must have grabbed my daughter's leggings, not my 18 year daughter's, or my 14 year old daughter's (which I could have pulled off) no I had my little 11 year old daughters black leggins on, which were stretched soo thin that you could see completely through them, everything! in the bright lights of the QT they must have looked like pantyhose! Now let me give you a better visual description; The sweater went down almost mid thigh so it obviously covered all my curves, but my darling Trench coat barley hits right beneath my bottom, and of course my sweater was bunched up underneath my coat. Needless to say I'm sure I gave everyone a good laugh, they probably thought I had forgotten to put my skirt on! I instantly lost that "cool" feeling and felt mortified, luckily there is another QT on my way to work, because I won't be going back to the other one for awhile. I was over it quickly because it's so funny, and sadly so typical! It's reminiscent of another time when I was feeling pretty rad on an airplane... But that's another story.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
It's a New Year, but I am still a NERD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




14 comments:
Oh My Gosh, you just made my day. Could you put that on and come over so I can see? Or take some pics?! Ha ha, that's why I love you!
Only you my dear, only you. Thanks for the laugh. I wish you had gotten some pics.
AWESOME! I love it! I would have died.
You are so funny! I bet it didn't look as bad as you think. You can pull off the sexy lady look.
Oh my goodness... I was at QT today and they were talking about this chick that had come in this morning for her coffee. They said she looked like someone who just came from a rad 80s party! They thought they were so funny because the 80s is like ancient history to them. Clearly they were wrong. You weren't drinking coffee!
Good story!
P.S. My 'word verication' is.. are you ready for the irony... nylons!!!
okay this so made me laugh, now why didn't you take a picture? I need a visual! Soo funny.
I am pretty sure it is because I know the airplane story- but I started laughing so hard that I was crying by the time I got to the middle of your story! You are A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! !
You make my day every time I think about you!
This got me laughing so hard because, I too, know the airplane story - and to see the confidence on your face as you were explaining how proud you were of your outfit - then to realize how proud you shouldn't have been - well I love you so much...
B & W in NYC - 2010!
...but an adorable and lovable nerd!! Classic story...thanks for the laugh!
i love you, wendy! you always make me feel so normal! and i agree - where are the pics?
Only you girl! I love you and now you have to tell the airplane story to make it complete!
Wendy,
I swear you have the funniest stories. The airplane, the Marlene and bon, bons and now the "see through tights". I love it. You crack me up:)
Oh Wendy! That is SO funny!!! You know those workers at the QT are hoping you come in every morning! :) You crack me up! :)
OH my gosh! I am dying right now, seriously. That is hillarious! At least you do have a hot body so there's not too much to be embarassed about! I can't wait to read the airplane story - I bet it won't be nearly as funny as you telling it in person. You have some great stories!
Post a Comment