Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Potty Mouth...Warning; there is a little potty language in this post.

Side note, I tried to google a picture of a potty for this post, if you have my issues, do NOT ever do this! I will forever have those images in my brain!



I know you think I am referring to a few mildly inappropriate words that I might struggle with, but if you ask my kids I am overcoming this issue... No I am talking about my aversion to public restrooms, and how often my disdain for them comes up in conversation lately, mostly because I am going to NYC in a few weeks... But I have been reassured that there are many clean restrooms to use as we roam the City..


I think it all started with my Grandma Joy.. One of the many useful things she taught me, was how to light a match when ever you,... you know... Anyway, that is something that I have been doing ever since.. So now I don't even like to sit in the bathroom with myself, so it's a match, and IN and OUT as quickly as possible. I have never or will never understand people who spend long periods of time reading or doing crosswords in the potty room.. Go lock yourself in your closet with the cedar chips for solitude, it is a much more pleasant experience.


So I just haven't had the best luck with Potties... A few years ago our family went some good friends to Lake Powell, we stayed on their houseboat and between the 2 Families there were 9 children, it was great, but a little close quarters, so naturally I decided that I would only go PeePee(#1) on this trip, just to be polite to everyone...I could hold out for 4 days, I just wouldn't eat much. Well about night #2, I had to go #2, and Justin and Melyndas's room is near enough to the bathroom that I just couldn't do it. So the next morning I waited until everybody was busy and most of the kids were out playing in the water or on the wave runners. Justin was organizing the ski boat and everybody seemed occupied, so I slid quietly into the Bathroom, by this time my stomach was rolling and I was sick, and freaking out because even though I had brought matches, I was afraid to use them, I thought that with the gasses and such, I might blow up the boat or something, (because that is totally something that I would accidentally do.) So I am praying that I can get through this quickly, when all of the sudden , I hear, from above my head Alyssa say, or rather holler; "WHAT is THAT SMELL?"..I was dead silent, and i started sweating, & praying that she would just go away, she was walking right beside the little window which was open, and said; "DAD WHAT IS THAT SMELL, IT SMELLS LIKE SOMETHING DIED!". then she called to my daughter Stephanie, COME SMELL THIS", holy crap, I was dying, my hair was soaking wet from sweat at this point, I didn't dare flush, or move, or anything...In the mean time Justin told Alyssa to go do something else and he would come over and investigate when he got a minute, he was sure it was just the bathroom and nothing to worry about.. Luckily the girls lost interest and moved on, I was just about flush when someone, another child, on the other side of the door said EWW,I CAN SMELL IT TOO, WHAT IS THAT?...go away go away go away, I am silently begging, when I realize all of the are adults are now back on board & talking... when MY sweet, clueless Husband says; "WHERE IS WENDY?" ok after you have been married several years, aren't you supposed to have a 6th sense with your partner, and just know when they are in trouble??? If our roles had been reversed I immediately would have assumed that Loren was taking a dump, and I would have averted every ones attention away from the flippin Bathroom.. No not Loren, again; "HAS ANYONE SEEN WENDY?" This is when I totally lost it, and said to hell with it, I flushed the toilet, & everybody got quiet, and I yelled Yes it was me and my freakin smell I had to go! Sorry everyone, I am sorry! But I couldn't hold it anymore.. I was humiliated, once again.


This reminds me of another time when I was staying at my friend Vicki's Cabin in Deer Valley Utah, if you can call it a cabin it is a mansion, They are the Moguls of Swift Transportation, and it is beautiful, and yeah I had a potty incident.

16 comments:

Toni said...

I know how hard it was for you to write that. It's therapy. When we are in NYC, you can go potty whenever you want at Barton's and I won't yell "What is that smell!!" Can't wait for the Deer Valley story. Are you going to dry heave while you write it??? LOL

Molly said...

Yah!!! Love it! These stories are even better in writing. Now I cannot wait for the Deer Valley story - let's see if you remember it the way I do!! Oh that was the best!

Melynda King said...

Wendy you are a GREAT story teller! As a side note to this story - After 3 days of trying to figure out why Wendy's "horrible smell" wouldn't go away, we realized that there was a break in the seal on the holding tank. The smell was a mixture of everyone on the boat - not just Wendy! :) lol!!!

Brie Wheelwright said...

I could hear that story every day and still laugh and laugh and laugh! Thanks Wendy, I needed a good laugh.

Bethany said...

That was so funny, and believe me, I understand.

Nancy said...

you are funny, it probably becomes an incident because you wait so long! I have a friend like that and every time we go on a girls trip she holds it the whole weekend, how do you do that? If I did that I would be so bloated and gassy that it wouldn't even be worth it!

Nikki said...

Are these tears of laughter? pride? (my goodness - you are brave)
No, I think they are tears of empathy. Don't we all have a story that sounds a little like that?

Anonymous said...

You and your poop issues! I have them to so I know how it feels! I am just lucky because everyone in Sters family has them to! I love you and your stories keep writing!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hendywow said...

Why do I keep getting these comments that I can't read??? Surely they can't read mine...

joyMama said...

in the Words of a Medical Professional (teehee....or PEEhee??...oh, whatEVER): as Melynda noticed, "All poops are not equal, and none of them mix very well."

Karla said...

LOVE that story. That one is my favorite!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
job said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

OMG...that is GREAT! Oilcloth on the way. Seriously, the funniest! Girl, I'm right there with you...can't do it! I've gone 10 days. I feel your pain. Loving my new BFF. :)

Our Comfy~ Cozy Life!!!! said...

LMAO!!!!!

I don't know you, but this is so funny!!!! Great story! :)

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails