Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Lucky" in LOVE....







Twenty years ago, this Valentines Day, was the first time I laid eyes on Loren, or atleast I thought it was.... I was a junior in High School, and the Captain of the Cheer Squad, he was a Freshman in College and had come to watch his Cousin Ty play in a Varsity Basket-ball game... This is what I saw; He was super Hot, 6 feet tall, lots of muscles, and Bon Jovi style hair that came down between his well defined shoulders, he was gorgeous, and had a great smile. I couldn't really concentrate on the game that night, I just kept thinking that I hoped he would stay for the Dance after... After the game, (i have no idea whether we won or lost) Ty introduced us, and I knew that he thought I was cute. Of course he didn't stay for the dance , he was to OLD for that, although he had all the girls hoping he would, and he knew it. Anyway we didn't get together that night, but soon we realized how Lucky we were to have found each other. I couldn't have picked a better Father for our Children, and he has always told me that I was Beautiful through thick and thin, even when It was very thick. So in honor of our Lucky blessings, I dedicate this song to you Lo; "LUCKY" by Jason Mraz, and Kolbie Calait... Let's pretend we're surf bums just chillin on some Beach together. I'm so Happy that I'm your Best Friend! Happy Valentines Babe. I still think you're super HOT!***** By the way we later learned that we had known eachother as little kids, and our Mom's; who were both already gone, had sang together in the Church choir....

6 comments:

Toni said...

That was the cutest post. Good job Wendy. You know I love Loren like another husband!! LOL So give him a big V Day kiss for me (no tongue though, please! that would be gross!!)

Nikki said...

I always daydream about my husband in knee high boots, too... ?
we sure are lucky to have hubs that we think are so hot, huh?

joyMama said...

well, my darlings, I love this story for another reason, as you know: the very first night Loren took you out on a date, when I shook hands with him there in the living room of our gray house, I knew he was for you - long hair, earring, and all. I've always been grateful for the special feeling and memory of that confirmation. Your dad felt it, too. It's been a great pleasure to see how he appreciates you and you him, all your lives. And we love him - he has become our son. So, in a sense, that Valentines Day you started down a road that also gave a wonderful gift to your Dad & me. Thanks, Baby!

Karla said...

That is an adorable srory... Thanks for sharing it. YOu guys are such a cute couple and a great example to us. Thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PrettyPenny said...

Okay girls...settle down. I have scene Loren's pictures from the 80's I have to tell you 00's are so much HOTTER than the 80's:)The 80's Loren was hot...but the 00's Loren is "SMOKIN' HOT" So what is up with guys getting better looking with age??? I just don't get it? Love ya guys!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails