Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Laundress?

I might feel more romantic about laundry if I had a set of these!

Who the heck ever thought of the word "laundress"? Someone no doubt, who was sick of it! Someone who wanted it to sound romantic like the word Princess, or Duchess with long , flowing tresses? She's waiting for her Prince Charming to come rescue her, and take her to his well- furnished Castle, with a beautiful indoor/outdoor Pool, not a whirlpool! You might be wondering if I have lost my mind, or what happened to push me over the edge...Well it was the thought that went through my tired brain as I perused my closet this morning. You know you are sick of the never-ending, ever multiplying task of Laundry when you go into your closet and actually think; what shirt can I wear today, and throw away when I get it dirty? Now I would never do that,without using it as a cleaning rag or something, I am Earth conscious, But I did actually think that today.. It might be that 7 people live in this home, and wear clothes every-day..
I woke up this morning a little later than usual, because it's my day off from my other job, it's the day that I get to make my kids lunches and make sure they look good, and clean, better than when the Daddy does it.. It is also my day to get every other little thing done that gets neglected, most of which is Laundry, and other household stuff. I inevitably can't even get half of it done, so I end up wishing I could have just one more day off. Anyway my point is that the word "Laundress" is LAME! can I get an AaaaMEN?

11 comments:

hendywow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hendywow said...

wow mommy

ShelleyG said...

AMEN SISTA!! I feel your pain!! :) I love the idea of what can I wear and throw away! I laughed out loud! :) what a good mom you are-keeping up on all the behind the scenes stuff (like laundry). Laundress is a SUPER lame word!!!

Schmid Family said...

AAAAMMMEN!!!!

Toni said...

Aaaaammmmeeeennnn! Although, I don't have as much laundry as you do.

Brie Wheelwright said...

I agree with you for sure. Although, when I was a newlywed and didn't have a washer and dryer of my own, I would have done just about anything (not kidding) to own any kind of washer and dryer. Going to a laundromat in downtown Salt Lake is not my ideal day of doing laundry. And now that I have a set of my own, I definitely take it for granted.

Stephanie said...

I don't even know what to say! The laundry situation around here is ridiculous. We have a system going to keep me from insanity, the 3 oldest boys help wash, dry and fold the 6 boys clothes and I do the laundry for the 3 girls and Richard and I.

The thing I hate the most is washing the bedding and putting it back on the bunk beds, we have 4 sets of bunks!

Nancy said...

I think that is a word I have never heard before, but I don't like it, no not one bit. I've never heard one single preschooler say she wants to grow up to become a laundress, and neither do I! But since there's no getting out of it I wish I had a nicer washer/dryer too. I bought the cheap kind at home depot and I regret it every time I put in a load. And I only do laundry for four. Amen!

Daniece said...

Hey Wendy...I think you are on to something. Disposable shirts!!! Brilliant. Get a patent, open a factory employing kids in a third world country & BAM...you'll have a live in laundress to handle all your laundry!

Melynda King said...

AAAAAAMMMMMEN!!! Laundry is never ending! I woke up Monday morning to realize that Tanner had worn all 6 pair of his pants that fit him, and gotten them all dirty over the weekend! 2 days, how do you get 6 pairs of pants dirty in 2 days! Disposable would be good!

Bonnie said...

So you're telling me that laundry is only going to get worse? WOW! It's just two of us now and I already hate it with a passion.

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails