Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Blessings...







My life might not be very glamorous or exciting as some, but I have been blessed immeasurably with Amazing Father's in my life! I first have to pay tribute to the Boy that I married because that's exactly what he was when we tied the knot. He has been everything I could have asked for in a father to our children, and more... Loren has never put anything above his children, he has worked his tail off to provide for our Family for the last 18 and a half years, he doesn't really have a hobby, although there are several he would like to have, but any of his extra time is spent with his Family. He has done many a ponytail and even used a curling iron on the girls, he coaches, dances and cheers for them at all their events...He is an example to our son who in turn worships him. He has been a care-taker since he was a boy (an only child for 14 years), a boy who loved and cared for his Mom , who struggled with Cystic Fibrosis, his whole life. He lost her at age 14. I do realize that because of his trials he, is the Husband, and Father he is today.



I love you Babe, thanks for being such a wonderful Dad! I am so thankful that you are getting even HOTTER as you age, even with your gray hair.



I also have to pay tribute to the amazing Father who raised me.... He has been such an example of love, charity, and compassion. He is one of the hardest working and most Spiritual men I know. When we lost my Mom and little Sister in a car accident he could have easily been bitter and turned his back on his relationship with the Gospel and Heavenly Father, but he did quite the opposite, always reminding me that we would be a family for Eternity if we lived righteously. He would tickle the burns I had from the accident on my back until I would fall asleep every night, and then sometimes I would hear him crying alone, missing them, at times falling asleep with his scriptures on his chest and the lights on. He taught me how to have a relationship with my Heavenly Father through prayer, I would say hi to my Mom, and Stephie in my prayers at night, and ever since then I've known that my Father in Heaven is listening to me. I also have to mention his awesome discernment abilities as a Dad, he always knew when we were naughty, or when we needed him. But that's a lot more story than I want to write about now. I am so thankful that he found us a new Mom, Sister and little Brother whom I love very much, and that he has always loved Loren like he was his own Son as well. I love you Dad, THANKS for everything. You're pretty goodlookin in your old age too!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Where's the kleenex? What a great tribute. Tell Loren I love him to death. And your dad....your sweet Dad. My heart breaks when I think of what he lost (and you as well) and then am amazed at how well he raised you to be the woman that you are. He is a wonderful man. A bit of a flirt, but you know I love that part of him. :) Tell him I owe him a great big kiss.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

wow, what a story. you and your husband both losing your mothers at an early age. thanks for sharing.

Joseph and Katie said...

This was a touching tribute to the men in your life. You have an amazing husband it sounds like and father.
I was moved by your words and had memories of a couple sleep overs come to mind, when your wonderful father would come in to tell us to go to bed (for the million'th time!) and tickle your burns and give you a hug. What a great man! Thank you for sharing this post Wendy.

Peck Family said...

Your a ROCK STAR!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails