Sunday, February 17, 2008

Different school, different circumstances....

Warning: I can't get my spellcheck to work...I am starting at a new school this week, and I am praying that I will be able to do everything I need to do for these children. The school is in Peoria school district, but it's a long way from Vistancia, in more ways than geographically. For instance we are supposed to go on a feild trip and we still don't have the few parent volunteers we need to go, so it could be canceled. I think, for the most part they are good people, but cannot afford to take the time off work, or have the support that a single parent might need to leave 3 younger children at home. I was there last week to go over everything and meet the kiddos, many are bilingual or don't know english yet. The teacher's aide is luckily fluent, and will be there with me. I am feeling an over whelming responsibility with this job, and for these children. The teacher reminded me that I will be the most steady and consistant thing in the lives of most of them. It is five days a week, and there is not really any way that i'll be able to take a day off, so i'm praying that our family can get healthy quick and stay that way. I have been very prayerful that I will be where I need to be, so I am trusting this is right...

3 comments:

PrettyPenny said...

Your pictures turned out beautiful Wen. You look absolutely fantastic and very happy! We miss you guys tons. Seems like our lives are all so busy we can't enjoy enough of each other. The girls send their love. They miss crazy aunt wendy tons. I know you will do great at this new school. We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Nancy said...

I'm sure you can do it Wendy, sometimes the best things in life are the things we work hardest for. And by the way my spell check won't work either, what's going on? We need to get together again soon, we never see eachother, are you putting your kids in swim in the spring?

Anonymous said...

WOW! You look great!! Gorgeous as ever! Your family is amazing. Our families have both grown so much. Your blog is so you. Creative, fun and family. Don't sweat the new job. You can do anything you set your mind to and when inspired, no one can stop you.
We miss and love you!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails