Sunday, February 3, 2008

President Hinckley we will miss you...

An amazing man with and the mission he completed. President Hinckley did so much for our church, he worked for the church most of his life and implemented so many of the wonderful programs we have today. The growth of the number of Temples is just one of the amazing things he was a part of. We were blessed to live just 45 miles from the first "mini" Temple in Monticello Utah, our girls, Charlee and Stephie at the time, sang with the primary at the dedication. And we were present inside this Tiny Temple, perfect in every way, when Gordon B. Hinkley dedicated it! I was very large with child at the time (Emmi) and needed to take another bathroom break before it started. As I was leaving the bathroom, a beautful little Grandma with white hair was entering, she stopped me and looked straight into my eyes (which is hard to do, because not very many people are as TALLl as I,) she put both of her hands on my hard tummy and said what a blessing it was to be a Mother, she smiled and said that she knew that I was a good one. While she was patting me, I got the warmest feeling and goose bumps at the same time! It was pretty brief but it seemed we stood there looking at each other for a long time, I was catching up to what the spirit was trying to tell me and I had tears in my eyes when her daughter leaned over as she passed by me and said;" you do know who that was don't you", and just then I knew it was Marjorie, the President's Sweetheart. That was a great day!

No comments:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails