Friday, March 14, 2008

Goodbye Y. W.'s, for now...






Well, I was released from Young Women's last Sunday. I am still pretty bummed, because I miss those girls already, especially my own daughters, although I am happy to say that they were bummed out too. I still have 2 more daughter's who aren't old enough to go in yet, and I think I'll get to have the opportunity to serve there again some day. Anyway, I don't have time to bum because I was called as our Ward's activities committee chairperson, so for now I will be trying to make the ward's activities SPECTACULAR! or at least fun. I am feeling a little worried (shocking), that it IS a lot of responsibility. So far my plan is to focus on quality, not quantity, I'm not really diggin the Pot luck's so much...I did suggest upping the tithing a little for our budget, maybe we could go on a Church Lady Cruise! Needless to say; I don't think THAT'S happenin', so we'll have to settle for Camp Out's, and Ice cream/Chili cook off's. But I do think Loren is going to do better in this year's Ice Cream contest. The picture is of Porter at last year's ward campout, it was a little rough.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

sorry to see you have to go from the YW, but have to say I'm very excited to have you in charge of the activities! Can't wait for the big shin digs!

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails