Saturday, March 8, 2008

Grandpa Joy











We went to see Grandpa today and he was happy to see us. He told the kids some funny stories, and gave them lots of loves. He's lonely, and I hate that I don't get to spend the time with him that he deserves... He did tell me that he knew how much I loved him, and not to worry that I wasn't able to be there more, I don't know why he said that but it made me feel better to know that he knew how I felt. It makes me too sad to think about how much I miss Grandma, and how they used to be together when I was young and would go and stay with them. Grandpa would take us to Riata Pass, and he would dance with me and buy me Shirley Temples and coca~cola. But the thing I loved the most was watching him and Grandma dance all over the floor, Grandma loved it, and man she could dance!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandpa looks good! Time goes by so fast!
Love,
Char

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Thanks for the link to my blog (http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com). I can track the referring URL's to my blog and saw that yours is one of them. I'm glad you like it.

I liked your blog as well, especially the old-school mullet prom picture. Man did that ever take me back! Hope your grandpa continues to hang in there. Looks like a tough old cowboy.

-NMH

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails