There is just something very unique about having a son. It is kind of scary because I find myself wanting to give him whatever he wants, of course I don't, but I am tempted. It's not that I love him more than any of our other children, but there is the "broccoli" factor. The moment I saw him I knew I was in trouble, his big brown eyes staring at me. He looks just like his daddy, and he has this deep froggy voice."He is all boy", now I know what that means, he's rough when he plays, and he's always liked to run fast and jump off of anything too far above any hard surface. All of our children are different from one another, but Porter is even more" different". Maybe we just treat him differently because he is the baby and the only boy. Porter's 4 older sister's love to snuggle with him, talk to him, watch him break dance, play soccer, skate board, and listen to him sing, he's so dang entertaining, he does all those things well even though he is broccoli for his age. That's another thing he's pretty smart and he knows it, so we have a code word for little, or smaller than, it's "broccoli", Charlee came up with it when we started noticing that he was the smallest in all of his classes and sports, by quite a bit. But he is definitely not deterred by this fact, although he has become aware of it lately, hence the code. He is starting Kindergarten in the morning, even though it's the middle of the school year. He had some health issues which required a minor surgery, and he has now fully recovered from it. I suppose that is why I am thinking about how great a kid he is, and how he is my last child at home so it will be a huge change in my life as well. Sixteen short years at home raising my wonderful children, now I am gonna get a job outside the home, just during the time the children are in school. It is very important to me, that I am home when they are, even more important with my beautiful teenager wanting more freedom every day! But that's a whole different story...
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Wendy, this is really great! You are a good writer, keep it up.
Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment